Linux System Engineer
We at NEXT42 are an innovative lab working on challenging projects inside the startup sector. Our mission is finding answers for the challenging problems of today to create a better tomorrow. We are evaluating technologies, are implementing first prototypes and help startups to develop their technologies in order to verify them and show a proof of concept. Our partners are innovative startups from all over the world working on the solutions of the future. We help them finding the answer on hard challenges and creating the fundament of their business.
Join us and start creating the future with us!
Linux System Engineer (m/w):
- Research, conception and development of Linux based backend-systems and their architecture.
- Responsibility for the management of various (sub-)projects.
- Finding improvements and solutions for various problems which arise.
- Great experience with Linux, open source software and working with the shell.
- Basic knowledge of at least 2 of the following languages : C, C++, bash, python, perl.
- Great knowledge of networks (TCP/IP) and the most important high level protocols (HTTP(S)).
- Readiness to take responsibility and creativity for complex problem solving.
- Experience in compiling Linux kernels or in compiling Android for different hardware platforms.
Preferred Qualifications (optional):
- Finished BS, MS or PhD in computer science, Physics, Maths or a similar technical field. Alternatively several years of experience in system administration (Linux/Unix).
- Striving for excellence and greed to be an active part of an ambitious project.
- Enthusiasm for new technologies and Startups.
- Participation in open source project(s) or private/university projects.
What we offer:
- An ambitious work environment with great and excellent people.
- Work with bleeding edge technologies.
- The possibility to take over responsibility and bringing great projects forward.
- Contribute to open source projects which have been improved due to your daily work.
Do you think you are the right person for this position?
Do you want to help in improving the world?
Then please send us your CV together with a motivation-letter indicating why you want to join NEXT42 and send all your documents to: jobs@NEXT42.net.